[native-client-discuss] Question about portability and include directory of nacl sdk
RichardT
2017-11-15 22:40:05 UTC
I am new to NaCl. I am currently working on a project for implementing an
NaCl plugin that will run on a Samsung Tizen TV. Samsung Tizen TVs have
support for NaCl.

I am currently porting an existing Linux C++ library to run as a NaCl
plugin.

In order to be portable, I read that NaCl code are not allowed to access OS
specific functions. For example, for networking, I should be using the
abstractions provided by *ppapi/cpp/tcp_socket.h*.

I am trying to get my mind around something here. I have downloaded the
nacl sdk (pepper_47):

http://developer.samsung.com/tv/develop/extension-libraries/nacl/download

The include directory of the sdk has the following subdirectories:

error_handling
GLES2
glibc
gmock
gtest
json
KHR
mac
nacl_io
nacl_player
nacl_teec
newlib
pnacl
ppapi
ppapi_simple
sdk_util
win

The *ppapi* directory contains the *tcp_socket.h* I should be using for
networking.

But there are other subdirectories in the include. I am trying to
understand what each of subdirectories stand for. For instance the *pnacl*
directory contains the following file:

pnacl/arpa/inet.h
pnacl/sys/socket.h

Am I allowed to include the files *pnacl/arpa/inet.h* and
*pnacl/sys/socket.h* in my NaCl code ? That would make the porting of my
library to NaCl much easier.